We will be away January 16-22 and will not be scheduling tours during this time period.
Enjoy the salt life, and easy pace, of an eco-tour by local island naturalists. Embark on a 1 ½ hour trail hike, watching nature unfold as you pass through a maritime forest, out to the protected shores of the National Park’s Timucuan Preserve. Highlights:
- Trees of the Trail: lofty pines, cedars, magnolias, palms, hollies, and moss-covered oaks, green all year round.
- Woodland Critters: butterflies, lizards, armadillos, raccoons, possums, tortoises, rabbits, deer, and bobcats.
- Enjoy your Saltwater Destination – a nature preserve of cliffs, dunes, sand bars, tidal waters, oyster reefs, marshes, and sheltered coves.
- Marine Critters: fiddler crabs, dolphins, river otters, manta rays, tarpon, ospreys, wood storks, egrets and others.
- Hear how Timucuan Indians used native resources for food, shelter, medicines, clothing, jewelry, tools, weapons, and caffeine.