Due to a family emergency, we are temporarily suspending our tours. As soon as we can resume our tour operation, we will post it on our website. Thank you.
Enjoy the salt life, and easy pace, of an eco-tour by local island naturalists. Embark on a 1 ½ hour trail hike, watching nature unfold as you pass through a maritime forest, out to the protected shores of the National Park’s Timucuan Preserve. Highlights:
- Trees of the Trail: lofty pines, cedars, magnolias, palms, hollies, and moss-covered oaks, green all year round.
- Woodland Critters: butterflies, lizards, armadillos, raccoons, possums, tortoises, rabbits, deer, and bobcats.
- Enjoy your Saltwater Destination – a nature preserve of cliffs, dunes, sand bars, tidal waters, oyster reefs, marshes, and sheltered coves.
- Marine Critters: fiddler crabs, dolphins, river otters, manta rays, tarpon, ospreys, wood storks, egrets and others.
- Hear how Timucuan Indians used native resources for food, shelter, medicines, clothing, jewelry, tools, weapons, and caffeine.